Be marketing farmers!
Follow up 13+ times. And stay in touch forever until they die, unsubscribe or buy.
Building our marketing infrastructure
Send high probability prospects a continuous stream of value until they’re ready to
buy. Be a Welcome Guest rather than a pest.
Tutorials, articles, case studies… …
The first few interactions with a prospect are sacred and should be carefully orchestrated. Nothing should be left to chance. A shock and awe pack is an amazing tool for delivering that “wow” emotion in our prospect.
A shock and awe pack should do three things:
- Give our prospect amazing, unexpected value.
- Position ourselves an the experts and trusted authority in our niche.
- Move our prospect further down the buying cycle than they would otherwise have been.
More compelling and more frequent offers = rapid business growth
Form the habit and routine.
||||| Note for VT while still working alone: OUTSOURCE ROUTINE TASKS ASAP.
Then I can spend more time on higher level marketing tasks like designing and testing new marketing campaigns or improving the value of our offering.
As well as a regular marketing calendar, establish event triggers and their corresponding actions.
- [To be refined and worked out fully…] One of us meets a potential prospect at a business event: Transcribe their details from their business card into Active Campaign and put them on our monthly newsletter and/or postcard list.
- We get an inbound sales inquiry: Send them a handwritten note and our shock and awe package.
- We get a new email list subscriber: An Automation emails them an educational five-part series over a number of days, or similar.
- We receive a customer complaint: After the issue is resolved send them a handwritten apology note and gift of some kind.